Social Media

{My work day} with Mrs. Virginia-America 2012

Mrs. Virginia America 2012, Brandi Pope, and I go way back! HA! to last year when she WON the title of Mrs. Virgina -America! This is a very special pageant for me to attend and be a part of still, as I too am part of the "sisterhood" of Mrs. Virginia's. My crown came in 2004!
I was overjoyed to be the official makeup artist last year, for Brandi's hair and makeup the day after her crowning for her official photo shoot with Larry Wright.
Brandi went on to make top 15 at Mrs. America and I could not be happier for her! April
6th, Brandi will give up her title to a new Mrs. Virginia, and I will be there for that!

SO! I reached out to Brandi late last week, with a last minute request. Being that the pageant is just around the corner, it is about time for me to send in my ad page for the program book. I wanted to feature Brandi on my ad page, and I could think of no other way to do it, than to just take her picture!

my "brandi" inspiration-Christina Aguilera-in Burlesque
I love to come up with concept shoots!

 After looking back through Brandi's photos on Facebook, I decided I wanted to give Brandi a look that she had not done before. Something more cutting edge, something with punch!

 While watching TV this past weekend and flicking through the channels, I caught the end of Burlesque! I adore the makeup and hair in this movie! It struck me what I wanted to do. I googled and pulled an image for inspiration.
I decided that I wanted to tone it down some, however, so she did not look so much like a circus act. :)

Right before her shoot with me yesterday, my very good friend Jennifer Saunders, makeup artist (www.jennifersaundersmua.com) came in to say hello! Of course, I put her to work on Brandi's makeup, so i could shoot a little video!




So this is what my "work" day looked like yesterday! I love what i do so much, and I am so happy I get to have "this" job!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment