Social Media

A {moment} in time


Has anyone ever told you something that, you know, at the time, you will never forget? Yesterday, I dropped off my therapy bag to my old job. I have been putting this off for a while, just in case, I needed to quickly return, (my safety net). It was a bit torn in places, the gadgets in it well used. Papers to shred pulled out and memories reflected on as names flashed in front of my face of patients, who in turn touched my life, over the past 13 years as a Physical Therapist.  It's all very surreal-still. To not have any place to go, everyday, other than my own home office, and my own brick and mortar studio everyday! It's scary, and thrilling,...and wonderful. 
 I dropped my "therapy" bag off to my boss, the last tether to my old job of the past 3 years. I started recapping my past year to her, how much my business had grown and my plans for this coming year. She smiled as I spoke, happy for me, and so kind in her sincerity. As I blabbed on, I told her how I "just got lucky", and I would return if my luck ran out... laughing. She looked at me through her smiling eyes and said something to me that I won't forget. It was simple really, but then most good things are. "Joy, it was not luck that got you to where you are, it was hard work." I have watched you work so hard and you made this happen." I was struck a little quiet, as i reflected on her words for a split second.
As I drove home, I could not stop thinking about her words. Yes, I had worked hard. Yes, I have been saving for 2 whole years from every job I had to create a small nest egg for the "slow" times and bills. Yes, I had worked to pay off my credit card debt over the past 3 years. Yes, I study makeup and photography, EVERYDAY, reading everything I can get my hands on. YES, I am working and have worked so hard to make my dreams of having my own business come true. I never gave up. Thank you Pamela, I needed to hear that, and from none other than someone as wise, caring, and hardworking as you are.







 




and because every post is better with a photo.....




No comments:

Post a Comment